Do you cherish all that Lane County offers for outdoor recreation, arts & culture, culinary and craft beverages? Working for Travel Lane County is about sharing the best of where we live, while working to maximize the positive impact of tourism on the local economy by matching visitors with authentic, high quality Eugene, Cascades & Coast vacation experiences.
To apply: Click on the green "Apply for this Job" bar and provide a cover letter and resume
Position Title: Visitor Center Manager
Purpose of Position:
The Visitor Center Manager manages the visitor center, brochure inventory and gift shop operations to inspire visitors to stay and travel throughout the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region. Must be a team player with leadership skills who is service-oriented, organized, responsible and energetic.
- Help visitors plan trips, book accommodations and schedule recreational activities.
- Develop and maintain organizational systems and processes for inbound communications, brochure inventory, correspondence, and general office functions.
- Monitor, respond and distribute messages from info@email and info@form inquires.
- Manage primary phone line operation, creating holiday and off-hour messages, etc.
- Track and record visitor activity from phone, in-person visits and at mobile outreach events.
- Model excellent customer service and an exceptional work ethic, ensuring a professional and friendly service for customers.
Front Office Operations
- Manage retail and visitor services materials, including visitor experience components, such as displays and retail sales strategy, inventory, point of sales, procedures, and reporting.
- Assist department teams with projects, such as call-downs to hotels, stakeholder/partner check-ins, etc.
- Add, edit, manage non-partner listings on our website, including add non-partner listings to Google Places.
- Maintain safety & health protocols, cleaning & sanitizing.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Assist with Visitor Services staff interviews, screening, hiring, and training.
- Manage Visitor Center staff in providing exceptional guest experiences and in providing administrative support for the entire organization.
- Values mission of Travel Lane County by possessing a passion for and knowledge of Lane County’s adventure, culinary, and cultural offerings.
- Experience and ability to work easily and professionally in a fast-paced customer service oriented and retail environment with a variety of visitors and coworkers.
- Capacity to work independently and exercise judgement in managing projects and people to meet deadlines.
- Management experience in a team-oriented workplace preferred.
- Experience with developing and maintaining organizational systems.
- Process-oriented, extreme attention to detail, hyper-organized and able to multi-task and manage time.
- Aptitude of computer, office systems, data management, proofreading and editing skills (Microsoft Suite, Internet) with an emphasis on clear written and oral communication.
- Use of a multi-line phone system.
- Loyalty to and positive representation of Travel Lane County.
- Valid Driver’s License and clean driving record.
- Willing to work with limited privacy in a public workstation shared with another team members.
- Available to work regularly scheduled weekend shifts and after hour events when necessary.
- Able to lift 35 lbs. from the floor and carry short distances.
- Able to stand for duration of an 8-hour shift.
- Able and willing to use standard cleaning supplies.
- This is a full-time salaried Professional Exempt position.
- Benefits include medical and dental insurance as well as paid holidays, vacation, and sick leave. Employee eligible for employer contribution into SEP/IRA after 2 years of employment.
- This position reports to the Director of Partner and Community Engagement.
Travel Lane County’s Mission, Vision and “Why”
Travel Lane County is Lane County's destination marketing organization. We promote our region as "Eugene, Cascades & Coast" to visitors, meeting planners, sports planners and the media. At all levels of our organization, it is our job to introduce the area to visitors and make sure they have a great time when they’re here.
Our team is enthusiastic, dedicated, professional and lots of fun! We are looking for friendly, skilled job applicants who have a passion for our community. Please join us in generating local business for the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region.
Travel Lane County strives to create a workplace that reflects the communities we serve and believes that diversity drives innovation. Candidates from all backgrounds are encouraged to apply.
Travel Lane County’s mission is to increase the number of overnight visitors.
Visitors staying in hotels, motels, and B&B accommodations spend the most, generating the strongest economic return on a per person basis. And they pay TRT to re-invest in marketing and other programs.
Our organizational vision is to be a recognized leader in achieving year-round economic growth throughout the Eugene, Cascades & Coast region through innovative destination marketing, product development and exceptional visitor experiences. We work to ensure Eugene, Cascades & Coast is one of the most preferred travel destinations in the Pacific Northwest.
We believe our work inspires people to experience and appreciate Lane County, creating opportunities, a sense of place and stronger communities.